The Visual and Multimodal Forum is one of the outreach and teaching activities of the UCL Centre for Multimodal Research. It a hub for researchers across the world who are interested in multimodality. It aims to provide a platform for dialogue and collaboration for advancing visual and multimodal research across disciplines, with a particular emphasis on communication and learning.
It was established in 2008 by Sophia Diamantopoulou as a student-run forum for promoting visual and multimodal research methods. It has since been open to all research students and researchers within and beyond UCL. The informal and interactive sessions of the Forum involve:
- Presentations of multimodal research projects
- Sharing and analysing multimodal data from work in progress
- Discussions on key concepts and methods
- Issues of multimodal transcription
- Reading and discussing new articles in the light of data presented by participants
The Forum is coordinated by Sophia Diamantopoulou and is free to attend without any prior booking. For any related enquiries and for expressing your interest to present your work at the Forum, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org